My Bookish Future!

Alright.

I have finished the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and have written my long sentiment~

Now, on to other books!

My Percy Jackson Book-A-Thon is not yet done! I still have to read the first three Heroes of Olympus books, and THEN I shall be ready to read The House of Hades when it comes out!

In other bookish news, I have finally received all of the books I ordered from half.com:

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
4. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
5. The Death Cure by James Dashner

The Death Cure came last night!!! :)

So I now own all of the Maze Runner books in hardback, including the prequel The Kill Order and the e-book The Maze Runner Files! (which I bought earlier this morning.)

I also never got around to posting about it, but I also ordered and received my The Lightning Thief movie poster :)

I filmed myself opening it, but I never got around to posting the video. The poster is currently sitting next to me on my desk, rolled up with some unfortunate small tears from stupid Scotch tape. :/ (I should have known better.)

I will eventually seize some double-faced tape and hang it up in my room :)

My final bookish news:

Last night I ordered the following three books from half.com:

1. Angelfall by Susan Ee
2. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
3. Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen

If you look at earlier (and WAY earlier) posts in my blog, you will see that I am greatly interested in reading Angelfall and Sarah Dessen's books. I ordered Dreamland and Someone Like You because they were the ones that were rated the highest and their summaries really caught my attention.

I'm not entirely sure if Tyler would be interested in reading Dessen's books because each one is about a girl who falls in love with a guy/learns to love herself/etc.

So...yeah.

But Dreamland caught my attention because it is about a girl who falls in love with a "bad boy." Her relationship with him is dangerous however, because he begins to abuse her and she can't get herself out of the relationship. All of the reviews I read were 5 stars and one review said that the reader kept having to slap the book shut because of some scenes, but she kept reading because she was driven to find out what happened to the main character.

Someone Like You is about two girls: they were friends but have drifted apart. One of the girls had a boyfriend, but he died in a motorcycle accident, and right after he dies, she discovers she is pregnant with his child. The two girls are driven back into friendship with each other as they struggle together with the girl's boyfriend's death and her pregnancy.

So there's that! They both were rated very highly and look very good :) We shall soon see!

And yes, Tyler, you are more than welcome to borrow Angelfall once it gets here and I finish it ;) I promise I won't take long!

~Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale