Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale

So, Sylo by D.J. MacHale. This is the non-spoiler part. I will tell you when the spoiler part starts. The second book in the trilogy is set for release towards the end of March, so look for it!


Awesome looking cover. Yup.

The beginning was strange and frankly, it scared me a little because I was reading this late at night before going to sleep. The ending, like in the last 50 pages was like:


Okay, that might be a bit of an overstatement. It wasn't a feelsplosion, it was just crazy plot twists. Yeah. Leave it to D.J. MacHale to make everything complicated. *cough cough Pendragon cough*

My rating: Hmm... 8 /10
It was a good book. I was definitely pulled in and it keeps you guessing.

....................

Okay, spoilers below this point. Stop reading now if you haven't read or are planning to read this book.




Tucker. I like how Tucker isn't the wimpy back-up football player at end of the book. He becomes a leader and the group has no idea what they're doing. It takes a lot of guts to take on that role.

Tucker's parents. I knew there was something weird about them moving to Pemberwick because it was "safe." They are supposedly working with SYLO now, but Tucker's mom warned him at the fence in the SYLO camp not to trust anyone. Hmm...not sure what I think. There's probably some other reason they're working with SYLO....

Quinn. Supposedly dead. I don't think so. He was zapped with the light beams from the shadow planes, I think. I think the beams transport people to some other camp.

Olivia. Something is up with her. The long phone call. The staring at the body in the downed SYLO plane for just a little too long. The sudden calm under pressure after Tori gets shot. The Girl Scouts don't teach you how to takes care of bullet wounds.

Tori. Awesome. I almost wish there was that little cliché moment where Tori and Tucker are talking about their pasts, and Tori would open up more so we could see the real Tori. I feel so bad for her though. Her dad is dead and her mother is somewhere unknown or dead. She better not die in Storm either, I mean she did take a bullet through her shoulder and navigated a boat with one arm. Awesome.

Tori and Tucker. Seriously, if the world wasn't in big trouble, just go out already. Ship.

Feit. He's not dead either, I don't think. Something is really wrong about him.  The Ruby....too suspicious.

Kent. I'm went between tolerating him to hating him.

Granger. Stop it. What are you trying to do?

The war. Oh snap. The U.S. Navy and Air Force are at war. Who's the side we want to root for?

And the Latin on the side of the plane. "sequentia yconomus libertate te ex inferis obedienter" approximately translates to "Obediently following the guardian to liberate yourself from Hell." Who is the guardian? 

So many questions!!!


~Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN