Sarah Dessen = NO.

So, awhile back I wrote a post called "Sarah Dessen Curiosity" and it went a little something like this:

"So, throughout my middle school/high school years, I have observed many girls reading books by Sarah Dessen. I have always been vaguely interested, but never really acted upon it.

Now that I am back in my reading swing and have been pondering books to read, those books popped back up in my mind.

So, I did a little research, and found that Sarah Dessen has written 11 books, with her most recent one coming out this month.

So, I think I should finally let my curiosity carry me and check these books out!

Sarah Dessen's Books:

(in order from oldest to most recent)

1. That Summer (224 pages)
2. Someone Like You (281 pages)
3. Keeping the Moon (228 pages)
4. Dreamland (256 pages)
5. This Lullaby (345 pages)
6. The Truth About Forever (400 pages)
7. Just Listen (400 pages)
8. Lock and Key (432 pages)
9. Along for the Ride (432 pages)
10. What Happened to Goodbye (432 pages)
11. The Moon and More (384 pages)

These books have all received high ratings and every girl who was reading them said they were excellent.

So, I'll read these this summer! :)"

No.

No. No. No.

NO.

As you all know, I bought both Someone Like You and Dreamland and read SLY (Someone Like You).

I hated it.

I wrote a review on here a few posts ago.

So I just read 20 pages of Dreamland.

Got bored and skimmed the rest of the book.

I will not be wasting my time reading this book, as I can tell it is a lot like SLY and it looks incredibly stupid and not worthy of being read.

So, no. I am not reading any more of Sarah Dessen's books, and she is a pretty bad author.

I am disappointed that I wasted my money on both of these books, and I am also sorry I wasted my time on SLY...except I am sort of glad I did read the book so that I know how sucky she is and now my curiosity is satisfied.

Fail, Sarah Dessen, fail.

~Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale