Reaction Post: The Fall of Five

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS SPOILERS 

It's a freaking reaction post, what did you expect?










If you have read the book and want to see my completely biased reaction, scroll down. If you don't want to be spoiled... I don't know why you're reading this to begin with.



























'The Fall of Five' is the fourth novel in the I Am Number Four series by Pittacus Lore. Of course, you probably already knew that if you've read it. 

Now, this is a Reaction Post, not a complete plot review, so if you were expecting some sort of plot recap, just leave. You won't find it here. I'm here to talk about what made me cringe, rage, and actually made me put the book down for a few minutes while I collected my all-over-the-floor mind. 

As this is biases, you should probably know that my favorite characters are Eight and Marina, and I totally chip Mareight. Eighrina... Uh..

Marineight. 

STICKING WITH MARINEIGHT... STEAK. 


Anyway, I've loved both of those characters since they came in: Marina as the secondary protagonist in The Power of Six and Eight as a support character in the Rise of Nine. Marina is just a total boss at everything, and Eight compliments that perfectly, which is WHY THEY BELONG TOGETHER. 

You know who they remind me of? 



If you don't understand that... I'm not here to explain the entire backstory of Naruto to you. Read it on your own time. Moving on: One of the reasons I linked Marineight with Kushinato was the fact that Eight and Minato both teleport. LIKE BOSSES. Eight even pulls off technique very similar to the one Minato used to slam Tobi with a Rasengan by comboing a slug to the face and a teleport, taking his opponent off guard. Marina... you'll see why she reminds of Kushina later in this post.

Enough about marineighting you in useless biased opinions. Let's move on to even more useless biased opinions! ABOUT ALL THE BLOODY PLOT TWISTS that were in the LAST TEN PERCENT OF THE BOOK. 

THe sheer amount of plot twists present in the last scenes of the book are enough to make a pretzel cry for mercy. 

Here's my reactions, event-by-event:

Start of book to nearing climax of book:
Status: Pleased

Five betrays the Loric:
Status: Annoyed

John's prophetic nightmare reveals Ella as Mog-Heir:
Status: Confused

Aforementioned nightmare reveals Setrâkus-Ra might be Loric:
Status: Mother of Mogadorians.



Five breaks Nine's back:
Status: Kill yourself, Five.


Five impales Eight with an Assassin's Creed wannabe weapon:
Status: Liam Neeson


Marina goes berserk on Five which results in loss of eye (Five), impalement of foot (Five), and Marina getting a new Legacy: 
Status: Red-Hot Habanero is you.

Marina says: "If I see you again, you traitorous cabbage*, I'll take the other cabbage* eye!" *Questionable language replaced with cabbage
Status: Boss level +9001

John forms an alliance with Adam, hopefully who ends up replacing that cabbage that is Five: 
Status: Book Comple- WAIT WHAT.






Let's get a few things straight:
1: I loved this book. Certainly one of the best of the four, in my opinion (bar the ragelanguage courtesy of Kushina Marina and Nine).
2: No more Marineight</3 I will go down with this ship. ... Unless by some stroke of luck Sarah dies and Marijohn happens. 
3: When does the next one come out
4: I HATE FIVE. >.>
5: This is the second title where the number refers to the actual Loric that corresponds to it, the other being 'I am Number Four'. In the Power of Six, 'six' refers to the collective power of the six-man team in the end of the book. 'The Rise of Nine' refers to the same team, expanded three members, and getting a foothold in the war (I think)

THIS ENTIRE POST IS ENTIRELY MY OPINION. 

- Can I stab Five please? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale