Jasmine's Post about Angelfall

So, it took a bit of time to get Angelfall from Amanda because Tyler read it first and then gave it to me to read, but I have now read it and am writing about it here.

Obviously, there will be some spoilers, so if you have not read it yet, you should get it and then come back to read this. It's pretty cheap too and the sequel is coming out in November.

Okay, here we go...

This book was really good, it had an interesting story and kind of reminded me of several other books. Penryn kind of reminded me of Tris in Insurgent because she did practically everything she was told not to do. She also reminded me of Katniss because she is trying to take care of her sister, who is doesn't seem to need her that much now. There were mentions of Nephilim, and I thought of TMI and TID. Raffe kind of reminds me of Fang from the Max Ride series, too. And the whole thing about the sword and its loyalty reminds me of wands in Harry Potter.

It was like bits of different books in one book, which was quite amazing. It was very original and I read it in like 4 nights (considering that I have to go to sleep early enough to drive to school the next day, so I read maybe one to two hours a night.) As soon as I get some money, I am going to get Angelfall, preorder World After, and maybe get Fall of Five. As I said before, the book is very cheap, it's like $4 on Amazon and you can preorder World After for like $5.

So, to the plot...the whole thing with the kids that aren't "alive" until you say their names...*shudders* is very creepy. What are they using the kids for? What are those scorpion angels in the tank for? Is the Politician angel behind all of this because he wants to be the Messenger? Is that why he had Raffe's wings switched with the demon's wings? Why was Raffe's sword working for Penryn? At the beginning, she saved him from getting beat to death by throwing him his sword, which the sword might have let happen because it knew what she was going to do...but what about when she wasn't with him and was carrying around his sword like nothing? I can understand why when Raffe takes his sword in the lab why it was suddenly heavy, since he had the demon wings....but what if it was because the sword was now loyal to Penryn because of something else? She's a human, she's not supposed to be able to wield an angel's sword, yet she can....or maybe she's not human...but then what would she be?

Hopefully we'll find out some more in November!

~Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale