I tortured myself in a positive way

"I think I know what I'm doing with the cash I get for selling the aforementioned access code from Physics. More on that if/when it works, because it's big enough to deserve its own post."



What I did was either the best thing ever or the worst thing I could possibly do to myself for the time being. I haven't quite decided. 

It's kind of like one of those times where you eat TOO MUCH good cake and then you get sick because of it. 

Now, what could possibly cause that kind of effect worthy of needing it's own post? You don't know? Look down. 


























WHOA WHOA. Hold up. What do three COMPLETELY AMAZING BOOKS have to do with feeling like a fat kid on a cake overload? Refer to the top of this post. The 30 dollars I got for selling that thing somehow managed to buy three books.



What could possibly be wrong about buying books? Well, you see, in order to fit them all in a thirty-dollar budget, I had to group them. And World After doesn't come out until November, and the ETA for the delivery of these marvelous works is Nov. 25th - Dec. 3rd. FOR THAT REASON, I ASK THAT AMANDA/JASMINE REFRAIN FROM POSTING ANYTHING REGARDING THESE THREE BOOKS' PLOTS UNTIL WE'RE CERTAIN ALL THREE OF US HAVE READ THEM SO WE DON'T SPOIL OURSELVES. That sounds really awk in retrospect... 


But when those books get here... 










Excuse me, back up a bit... let me take another look at that...







DAT. COVER. 

I just wanna snuggle it.



But yeah. After October 8th I'm going to be limiting my Facebook time so as to avoid spoilers (either that or hide all the PJ pages I follow, following suit for the Divergent pages). 

So yeah, those books that I previously had no idea how I was going to get my hands on will be in my possession in a less-than-reasonable time. I WANT THEM NOW. 


But to be honest, I'm quite worried about World After and Allegiant. It's not that I don't have any confidence in the writer's abilities, it's just that I hope they didn't ruin the stories by making them ridiculous. I'm more worried for World After in that respect, given it's only the second book in its respective series. The first book, Angelfall, had one of the greatest starts to a book series I've ever seen in all my years of reading. The pacing was great, there were enough mysteries to make Confucius ask questions, and the character and plot design were fantastic. Divergent and Insurgent, too, are two of my favorite books because of how bloody awesome they are. 

I only hope the authors of these books don't completely ruin the plot after such a strong start. 
... Yeah, like that's ever happened before. Pfft.  





























... In other news...

- I think I can judge my Physics class now. Even though the class just started and we've only had one full lecture, let me just say that OH MY GOURDE THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST CLASS EVER. ... Yeah, that's a bit steep after only the first lecture. Let me rephrase: OH MY GOURDE THIS IS G-

Anyway, the Professor is really great. My previous RA wasn't lying when he said he was good last night. Even though the lecture was a staggering three hours long, he still managed to make every minute of it enjoyable and not completely confusing, much unlike the later parts of Engie Physics 1. If someone asked a question, he'd give a really detailed, easy-to-understand answer to the question and actually talk with you about it as opposed to just blurting 'the right answer' and moving on. He makes allusions and comparisons to real-life events or objects during his lectures, which really makes the whole thing enjoyable. 
For example, today were talking about buoyancy. Professor brought up Titanic, which is like the one movie every human ever born knows about, and began describing buoyancy physics I won't bore you with here. At one point he asked if we'd all seen the movie, and I was the only one who hadn't. He stared at me for a bit, asked for confirmation of such (which I gave him), stood there astounded for a bit, then moved on. Once he finished, he turned around and asked, "Is there anyone else in here that isn't... so depraved in life as to have not seen Titanic?"


I'll just... hide in here...

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend:







What? You thought... because of...? Lol.


- Hasn't seen Titanic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale