People's Opinions

It is often said that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

While I agree with this, I don't really when it comes to books.

I am TOTALLY 100% fine when two people read a book and one hates it while the other loves it.

That's cool.

But what annoys me is when I'm planning on reading a certain book or reading a certain book and a fellow book-lover does one of the following:

Case 1.

I'm planning on reading a book and a fellow book-lover asks what I'm reading and I'll say, "Oh, I want to read this!" and they go:

"OH NO THAT BOOKS SUCKS UGH NO DON'T EVEN READ IT UGH NO."

(Someone did this to me twice over The Darkest Minds...)

Case 2.

I'm reading a book and a fellow book-lover asks what I'm reading and I'll say, "Oh, I'm currently reading this!" and they go:

a) "I hated that book." or "OH NO THAT BOOKS SUCKS UGH NO DON'T EVEN READ IT UGH NO."
b) *insert spoiler here*
c) "Wow, that's lame."


SERIOUSLY, JUST STOP.

By doing that, you're crushing other book-lover's expectations and reading plans AND you're morphing their opinion and lowering their expectations on that book they haven't even read/finished!

DON'T DO IT.

Who knows!? THEY MIGHT LOVE IT AND THEY WON'T EVER KNOW BECAUSE YOU POOPED ALL OVER THEIR DESIRE TO READ IT.

Yes, I admit I was kinda spewing to Tyler before he read Allegiant that I hated it, but I consider that a different...case. Not letting myself off the hook, but...ah, you know what I mean.

I won't be hypocritical.

~Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale