BOOK REVIEW: I AM NUMBER FOUR BY PITTACUS LORE

LOL, I just watched the movie trailer and it looks SOOO dumb XD
 
BUT.
 
This book was fab.

Honestly, I liked it way better than I thought I would. I found myself loving it.

Before I get to the parts I didn’t really like, let me start with the positive:

This story is original. Yes, there’s a lot of sci-fi about aliens and other planets and space and stuff, but this is awesome. Pittacus Lore came up with an original “other kind,” gave them a planet, gave them all original names with original powers and stuff, and created original bad guys.

This story was so action-packed. It had you on the edge of your seat, holding your breath as you turned the page. The first chapter had me absolutely hooked. It started out as a wild roller coaster ride and didn’t stop.

Let’s talk characters.

Four: I feel that is his proper name, and it is, so I want to call him that instead of John. An amazing character with a heart of gold. This dude is kick-butt, yet has a gentle spirit. I forgot several times that he’s 15 years old, because he seems so much older.

Sarah: Okay, cliche cute blonde chick. But she was tenacious herself. So, yeah, she was cool.

Mark: Started out as the cliche hotshot bully, but became an awesome character. So, I eventually appreciated him. He was amazing at the end.

Sam: Who doesn’t love an awkward nerd? I feel bad for him concerning his father...but I don’t think he was abducted by aliens. I’m not sure what happened to him...but I don’t think it was aliens. Sam is loyal and sweet, and I appreciate his befriending Four, supporting him, and keeping his secrets.

Henri: Totally awesome and totally loving. His protective attitude toward Four wasn’t overbearing; it was perfect. He was the best Cepan ever...when he died...ugh…

Six: Okay, she seems like a boss. However, she kind of ticked me off because she came to Four and broke the charm...so now they can be slaughtered out of order...but she’s cool. And that factor adds to the intensity.


What I Didn’t Like:

1. Bernie Kosar’s name X’D His real name is Hadley! Who the heck comes up with Bernie Kosar!!!??

2. I cannot read action sequences in books...it’s hard for me. I get bored and find myself skimming rather than reading. I could not envision that action scene between Four, Six, Henri, etc against the Mogs. I couldn’t get a grip of what the Mogs looked like or what “the beast” looked like, nor their weapons. It was frustrating. Some action in some books I CAN read and envision because the author does a good job. But in most books...I just can’t.

3. Sarah and Four’s relationship...eh...whatever, I can live with it, but it seemed really sappy and unrealistic. For starters, he’s FIFTEEN...it’s weird. Secondly, she so easily accepts who he is. Yeah, I mean, she loves him and stuff, and he even mentions how surprised he is that she’s taking it so well, but still...and...it seems so cliche. So, yeah, not my favorite pairing. But whatever~

Besides that, I really liked this book :D

Soooo...4.3 out of 5 :D

~Amanda


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale