Books, symphonic rock and a curious addiction to water

WA-PWSH.

Hi all you booktastic humanoids! If you didn't already guess, I'm not Amanda. I'm the guy that was randomly there on one of the Book Blogs! Yep, right here in (not really) person. Let's lay a few things down as basics, though:

1: I love books.
2: I will post about books.
3: I will also include in those posts various mishaps of my life.
4: Don't expect any videos with only me in them. While I have no problem appearing in future ones, it'd just be more of a hassle on my end to make videos alone. Mainly because cameras kinda bug me and college aint got time fo' dat.


NOW, with that out of the way... I think I'll drop a huge list of books I've read, in no particular order, so you guys get a grasp of what I enjoy. Books enclosed in [brackets] are by the same author.

[The Lightning Thief
The Sea of Monsters
The Titan's Curse
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero
The Son of Neptune
The Mark of Athena
The Red Pyramid
The Throne of Fire
The Serpent's Shadow], Rick Riordan

[Partials
Fragments], Dan Wells

[Uglies
Pretties
Specials
Extras], Scott Westerfield

[Gone
Hunger
Lies
Plague
Fear
Light
BZRK
Eve and Adam], Michael Grant

[City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess], Cassandra Clare

[Black
Red
White
Green
Chosen
Infidel
Renegade
Chaose
Lunatic
Elyon
Showdown
Saint
Sinner
Boneman's Daughters
Thr3e], Ted Dekker

[The New Kid
The Rising
The Sword of Armageddon], Temple Matthews

[The Maze Runner
The Scorch Trials
The Death Cure
The Kill Order], James Dashner

Breath, Sarah Crossan

Midnight City, J. Barton Mitchell

[Divergent
Insurgent], Veronica Roth

[The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay], Susan Collins

Dualed, Elsie Chapman

[Matched
Crossed
Reached], Allie Condie

[Warriors
The New Prophesy
Power of Three
Omen of the Stars
Firestar's Quest
Bluestar's Prophesy
Crookedstar's Promise], Erin Hunter (Top 4 are actually groups of 6 books. No way I can remember all their names.)

[Raven's Gate
Evil Star
Nightrise
Necropolis
Oblivion
Stormbreaker
Point Blank
Skeleton Key
Eagle Strike
Scorpia
Ark Angel
Snakehead
Crocodile Tears
Scorpia Rising], Anthony Horowitz

[Under the Never Sky
Through the Ever Night], Veronica Rossi

[I am Number Four
The Power of Six
The Rise of Nine], Pittacus Lore

Struck, Jennifer Bosworth

Crusade, Nancy Holder

You attentive studs out there may have noticed that The Lost Gate (the one I mentioned in the video) isn't here. That's because it had to be put off due to time constraints and personal reasons, but I'll get back to it (hopefully) soon.

Also, this book list is in no ways complete. More than likely I forgot some that I'll remember later. ... Like as I wrote that disclaimer. Hah.

Anyway, as soon as I finish this post I'm shutting my laptop and reading The Son of Sobek, which as you should know from previous videos and posts, is the Kane/Jackson crossover story. I still need to read that. Look for a post containing my opinions on it in the near future.


In other news, I seem to be addicted to water. And symphonic rock. Good symphonic rock, anyway. I've found some other bands that claimed to be s-rock, but they all sounded the same. And not good. I was on vacation last week, and I think around 80% of the music I listened to that entire week was by the same band.

You see, my favorite band is Les Friction. They have really good vocals, great lyrics, and an orchestra backing up their songs. It's pretty awesome. Globus is essentially the same concept but older and more diverse. I love them, too.

Something I like to do is 'bind' songs or bands to certain experiences. For example, when I discovered Les Friction, I listened to them so much over the course of a vacation (last summer) that whenever I hear them it triggers memories about said vacation. So the night before this summer's vacation, I dug around the depths of the Internet looking for something that made my ears cry tears of joy. I found Within Temptation, and sure enough they got 'bound' to Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices trilogy as well as vacationing. Hooray. I think WT and LF should make an album together. I'd probably die of overexposure to awesome.

And water. Don't get me started. I drink so much of that stuff I think it might be a condition. Amanda calls me Seaweed Brain. I wouldn't be surprised if it was literally true with all the water I drink.

ANYWAY.

I write too much.

Have fun and keep reading, you bookies.

- I need a cool tag name.


EDIT: I found out how to change the font on a single post. My posts will always be in a not-default font. 

Also, I'm currently reading LOCKED ON by Tom Clancy.

AND FOR FUTURE POSTS, I WILL PUT SPOILER WARNINGS IN THE TITLES IF THERE ARE SPOILERS. 


Yeah. 

Books. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale