Review: Where She Went

This is the sequel to Gayle Forman's If I Stay.

Okay, so I finished it, but again, I will not be rating this book because I feel like I can't even begin to understand the meaning in the words. All I could get was vaguely what was being referred to because as a reader, you have to try to understand Mia and Adam's relationship; (not sure about that semi-colon) what it was, is, and will be. 


Some spoilers below.


Alright, so on my copy, the little quote on the front from a reviewer says "A gorgeous portrayal of rejection and rekindled love."

That right there spoils the book. You know from that that Adam and Mia will get back together because the preview at the end of If I Stay showed how Mia and Adam had gone their separate ways. At least pick a quote that doesn't give the book away. Although, the beauty of a book is not the ending, but the journey to get there.

Basically all I could gather was that Mia was mad at Adam for "making" her stay. That's why she stopped returning his calls and texts. Then Adam has all of these problems that I guess stem from everything with Mia and I can't understand him in the slightest.

Overall, an interesting read. I will be rereading the two books eventually and hopefully I will begin to understand them because I want to be able to.


~Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale