Review: Into the Still Blue

Last book in the Under the Never Sky trilogy. This book was really good. Can't say anymore because spoilers.

My rating: 9 / 10

Spoilers below.



I did not think that I would be able to dislike a character as much as a certain antagonist in The Mortal Instruments series, but I have to say, Sable comes really close. If you read this book, which I hope you did since you're reading this post, you know why.

All in all, the ending was really, really happy. The main characters all made it out alive, maybe somewhat emotionally damaged, but alive. Cinder, Reef, Gren, Kirra, and Hess are all dead though. (Not that I liked Kirra, but she didn't need to die.) The Outsiders, Dwellers, Horns, and Guardians are living together in Cinder, named for the boy who sacrificed himself to get through the wall of Aether. Perry killed Sable and gave up his Blood Lord title. Aria and Loran, her father, are together on the council, which governs the city. Perry and Roar are buddies again, and Roar is closer to himself again.


For me, too much of the book was spent in the Komodo with the characters held captive.

Good series. I finished the trilogy in about five days. I will be rereading it in the future. As of now, that finishes off the stack of books on my desk to be read. I guess I will find something else to reread as I await the mass of book releases in the fall.


~Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale