Review: Under the Never Sky

This is going to be short because America's Got Talent is going to be on soon.

I finished Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. I liked it but there were times where it felt too romance novel-y. 

My rating: 7.5-8 / 10

Spoilers below.



Overall, a very interesting world. A lot happened in this book. There was a lot of camping and traveling too. Aria is an Aud, someone Marked who is able to hear really well. She made a deal with Hess to find the Still Blue in exchange for Talon and Perry's safety. Perry is now the Blood Lord of the Tides after killing his brother, Vale. Perry and Aria have a thing, but there's the whole mixing blood "curse" since Perry is a Seer (enhanced sight) and a Scire (enhanced sense of smell).  Perry wants to find Still Blue so he can move his tribe there so they can be safer. We find that Vale had been selling kids to the Dwellers for their experiments and research in exchange for food, and that he had sold his own son while also directing blame towards Perry. 

Tyler had told me that this first book was awkward. It kind of was. There was a lot of 'I want to tell you this but I don't know how' from Perry. And then there was Aria who had to have Perry explain her first blood. Awkward. 

It was also cute how Perry didn't normally talk to people about certain things until Aria. Hopefully he doesn't get too upset when he finds about Aria's deal with Hess, though.

I mentioned it before, but I didn't like how there was so much 'I'll do anything for you' stuff happening. Sometimes that will work for me, sometimes it won't.

I'll probably start Through the Ever Night tomorrow. If not then, by Thursday because I have a dentist appointment.


~Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale