Review: The Serpent's Shadow

It took me a while longer to finish this book because I got distracted by YouTubers. I finally finished it this morning.

I will try to find a copy of The Staff of Serapis. After that, I will be reading Mila 2.0 Renegade by Debra Driza.

My rating: 7 / 10

Some spoilers below.


Because I read bits and pieces at a time, I don't quite remember everything that happened. I know Carter and Zia are together at the Brooklyn House. I know Sadie and Walt/Anubis are also together at the Brooklyn House. Since the execration spell pushed Apophis away, the gods also had to distance themselves to keep the balance. 

One thing I am definitely confused about is the Walt/Anubis thing. At the beginning, Walt begins to show signs of this new power, being able to like disintegrate things. Later we find out that this is a power of Anubis. And somewhere along the way, Sadie hears Walt being referred to as Set's son, but Set's only son is Anubis. So....Walt was channeling Anubis at the beginning of the book and then Anubis did the thing Carter did with Horus and Sadie did with Isis and chose Walt as his host? So that way Walt didn't die? 

And Carter and Horus are the pharaohs of their respective worlds. 


~Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale