Review: Fragments

Review for the sequel to Partials. Spoilers present.

My rating: 9 /10



So, I finished Fragments this morning before class. I was in shock from the last 50-60 pages or so, that I mumbling to myself, trying to figure out what the heck just happened. I have listed what I figured out/made sense of in the following.


1. Kira, Isolde, and Ariel are the newer models of Partials. As the newer models, they carry the Failsafe, that is capable of killing Partials, and thus, the humans. They do not have an expiration date, can grow and reproduce, and are apparently not detectable on the Link, but can sense others.

2. Cronus Vale was a part of the Trust. The president of the Trust activated the RM and Vale activated the cure. He is the leader of sorts to the Preserve, a place where a smaller group of humans live on the western side of the badlands, as I believe the Midwest is called.

3. Heron is a traitor. At first, she goes with Samm to help Kira, but gets impatient with the lack of results. She reports to Dr. Morgan as she gathers intel on Vale, having scouted ahead of Samm and Kira. She has chosen to stay behind on the Preserve to finish some business, as she says, promising Dr. Morgan to be back in East Meadow before her expiration date.

4. Vale told Kira about another type of pheromone that acts as a sedative for Partials, but doesn't work on the newer generation.

5. Samm has chosen to stay behind in the Preserve to save the 10 Partials that Vale has been using to synthesize the cure. Kira has left with Dr. Morgan in an attempt to find out a way to stop the expiration dates without activating the Failsafe.

6. Nandita was raising Kira, Isolde, and Ariel as experiments, trying to activate the trigger for the cure to RM.

7. Isolde's baby is a Partial-human hybrid with a new disease. 

8. Marcus and his team discovered that the other female member of the Trust whose name escapes me...plans to use a nuke or bomb of some kind that was sunk with one of the ships that sunk with a bunch of other ships. (I would tell you what it's called, but I gave to book back to Tyler today.)


Alright. Samm and Kira. They finally kissed just before Kira leaves with Dr. Morgan. SHIP! Except, I totally saw that coming, but it was addressed at last. 

Heron. She was alright at first, I could handle her but she wasn't my favorite. And then she went and called Dr. Morgan over to the Preserve. No. Why would you do that? What are you doing, Heron? I definitely don't like her now.

I feel so bad for Afa. He was dragged along the trip because the group couldn't leave him after he was shot in Chicago. And the horses. I felt really bad for the horses.


I would say that it was hard for me to follow this book, mainly because it is written in an almost war-like quality. The chapters skip around between characters and what they're doing to help stop the war. And there was geography. I am horrible at geography. And I was too lazy to pull up a map to figure out where everybody was.

Overall, very good book with crazy plots twists and irony, like the Trust which is made up of people who don't trust each other. Who came up with the name anyway?


~Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale