THE DARKEST MINDS. OH. MY. GOSH.

Tyler gave me this book to read on Thursday or Friday. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken is 488 pages of amazingness. I just finished it. Spoilers present.

My rating: 9-9.5 / 10

Oh yeah. It was that good.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Then the conversation continued with some GIFs to explain our feelings because that's what always happens after one of us finishes a book.


WHAT?!?!?!?!?


Chubs better be alive, or...or....I don't know what I'm going to do, but someone has to be around to save Ruby when she gets stupid. Plus, he's awesome. And his letter. Serious feels.

Liam and Ruby. SHIP IT! SHIP IT! SHIP IT! I ship it like FedEx. Oh my gosh. Then Ruby went all Orange on him and erased herself from his memory. No! What are you doing? All I see is this:





Slip Kid/Clancy Gray. I never liked you. Leave my ship alone. No love triangle please. You're a creep. And a jerk. And you're evil. You've reduced me to writing three word sentences/phrases. Leave now.

Suzume. Why did you leave? I know, to find your family and all, but at least you weren't around when the PSFs came.

And Ruby. Really. Calling the Children's League. YOU KNOW THAT THEY'RE BAD! WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU PUSH THE PANIC BUTTON?!?!?

Reason for my rating: Characters.

I really liked the characters. I did. The thing I didn't like about Liam was that he was almost too nice and understanding. I didn't like Ruby's going back and forth with the Slip Kid. You have the first impression that he's really creepy, but you let him see all your memories and make out with you. You go running to help him when you think he went and started bleeding all over the place and he makes you freeze up for a second time.


~Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale