Book Reaction: Severed Tower Pages 1-100

WARNING! The following post contains light spoilers! Nothing major, but still be careful.





















Oh.


My.





Doge.





You know the author is good when they can make you feel what the characters fell.

You know they're better when you can easily see what they see and feel what they feel.

You're J Barton Mitchell you make me get feelsy over the death of a character that had been there for half a page.

Seriously. The first 100 pages were already an upwards hill of winding tension and feels ready to just explode in your face later in the book.

But then this scene happens. Seriously, the scene's intention was to give some light on one of the new characters. The character that dies was literally a nameless, unimportant bloke until the instant he keeled over.

But how the scene was played off made me get slammed by a wave of feels. I've laughed when disposable characters have died before. I've shrugged it off. But this was the first one that actually made me feel something.


I believe if Mitchell kills off any main characters in the right way, one of his books will be The First to Make Me Shed a Tear.

- Lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale