Review: The Red Pyramid

So, I finished The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan this afternoon.

I bought this book at a Goodwill book store that's hidden in a shopping complex near my house. I wasn't sure how good this book was going to be, but I have to say that I think it lived up to the Rick Riordan standard. It was a very interesting story that kept me engaged.

Although, because I am genuinely very bad with names, it was sometimes hard to follow the characters, what with the Egyptian names and all.

My rating: 8-8.5 / 10

Spoiler-y stuff below...


Some quick thoughts.

Zia. I liked Zia a lot and I was starting to ship her and Carter. And then we find out that the Zia that was with Carter and Sadie for the entire trip was a shabti (I think that's how you spell it...). Now I'm not so sure, I mean I'm glad the real Zia is safe somewhere and that the real Zia was communicating with the shabti Zia, but was all of the stuff with her and Carter real? I guess I have to read the other two books to find out.

Bast. I was surprised at how sad I was when she died fighting Sobek (I think that's the crocodile god...I told you, I'm bad with names). And then the gods surprised Carter and Sadie at the end with a fixed up house and Bast. Yay!

Sadie and Anubis. I'm not sure about this one either. I want the characters to have a special person but Anubis is a god who's like thousands of years old. It seems a bit weird to me, is all.

Alright, well that's all I've got. I already ordered Throne of Fire and The Serpent's Shadow. I have another book coming tomorrow, If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I also have Midnight City coming tomorrow, but I've read that already so yeah.


~Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nico di Angelo

BOOK REVIEW: THE DARKEST MINDS BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

Review: Sylo by D.J. MacHale